More Be who you Are

I broke my phone. It's okay, I think it's getting fixed, so don't worry for me. (By the way, if you didn't know, I'm kind of a closet geek, or geek wannabe, or something. I love hanging out with geeks, cuz how many of them can say "I use to give 'noogies' to Bill Gates, which I did. But I tarry...

In the process of seeking a replacement or repair for my phone, I started emailing someone who had what I was looking for, and several email tags back and forth later I noticed a wonderful simple sentence. Now many of you may laugh that I didn't know this quote, but I was living in temples when this guy was around.

Anyway, the quote goes,

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

The speaker of this quote is none other than the late (i.e. dead for you non-sophisticates) Kurt Cobain - alleged suicider grunge musician.

So what do you think? Now, the interesting thing is many people would agree with this in principle but not practice. They proclaim, "Yes, I'm going to be who I am no matter what," but then the conditioning jumps in and in effect, makes them worry way to much about being loved than being who they are. When do you adjust your nature because it's "right" to do so. And then the cognitive dissonances start to set in. "This isn't really who I am, yet I'm acting this way."

"Be who you are and say what you want. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." Probably one of the best quotes on the subject, that one by the late GREAT Dr. Seuss!

Every moment is an opportunity to allow that Absolute to express through you and as you. It will do it anyway, but part of the learning curve is to get the hell out of the way. The personality, the mask, is formed by the thoughts of others - parents, teachers, society, spiritual leaders, et. al., and only occludes Truth. Express, dance, delight in who you are, which includes the complete expression of your love OR your assholeness. Love your Blessedness. It's all the same thing.

Popular posts from this blog

The OTHER Blog

Just Like That - TEOTWAWKI